1. A fall into a ditch makes you wiser.
2. A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men.
3. All suffering of mankind is produced by attachment to a previous condition of existence.
4. A little bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.
5. A man is what he thinks all day long.
6. A man’s life is what his thoughts make of it.
7. As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.
8. Being humble doesn’t mean thinking less of yourself; it means thinking less about yourself. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
9. Be not afraid of life. Believe that it is worth living, and your belief will help create that fact.
10. Confidence is contextual. Self-esteem expands across all contexts of your life. When you raise your self-esteem, you will feel a higher level of confidence in all areas of your life.
11. Courage in danger is half the battle.
12. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear.
13. Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
14. Customers like to feel that they are buying – not being sold.
15. Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.
16. Do the thing you are afraid to do, and the death of fear is certain.
17. Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn from him.
18. Every man wants to change the world. Only the best wants to change himself.
19. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
20. Give yourself permission to fail and you give yourself permission to succeed in life.
21. God himself, sir, does not propose to judge man until the end of his days. Why should you and I?
22. Great acts are performed not through strength but by perseverance.
23. Habit is either the best of servants or the worst of masters.
24. Happiness is variable to different people.
25. Happiness is when what you think and what you say and what you do are in harmony
26. He that complies against his will is of his opinion still.
27. He who asks is a fool for five minutes. He who doesn’t ask is a fool for life.
28. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
29. I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
30. I cannot hear what you are saying to me because you are shouting at me.
31. If it’s not fun, you’re not doing it right.
32. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I do not have it at the beginning.
33. If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to understand the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as your own.
34. If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.
35. If you don't own it, you won't take care of it.
36. If you don't risk anything, then you risk even more.
37. If you practice the habits of success, you’ll make success a habit.
38. If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.
39. I have no right to say or do anything that diminishes a man in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him, but what he thinks of himself. Hurting a man in his dignity is a crime.
40. I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand
41. I learned it is not what happens to you that matters; it is what you do about it that really matters.
42. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
43. In trying to steal from others, they are robbing themselves of peace, harmony, faith, honesty, integrity, goodwill, and confidence.
44. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
45. It has no substitute and it is well to remember that a "quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.
46. It is better to see something once for yourself than to hear about it a hundred times.
47. It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
48. It is not where you start that counts, but where you choose to finish.
49. It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits to our abilities do not exist.
50. It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
51. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
52. It’s not who you think you are that holds you back but what you think you’re not.
53. I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
54. Joy is not in things. It is in us.
55. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
56. Knowing others is wisdom. Knowing yourself is superior wisdom.
57. Knowledge is power.
58. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
59. Life itself cannot give you joy unless you really will it. Life just gives you time and space. It’s up to you to fill it.
60. Life’s greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve.
61. Live while you are alive. Don't die before you are dead.
62. Making the best of ourselves is the reason we were born, but it requires patience and perseverance.
63. Miracles come to those who do what they can.
64. Money cannot make you happy, but it can get rid of many of things that make you unhappy.
65. More people have been hurt by an improper choice of words than by any natural disaster. Choose what you say rather than say what you choose. That is the difference between wisdom and foolishness.
66. Most folks are about as happy as they make up their mind to be.
67. Never tell your best friend anything you wouldn't want your worst enemy to know!
68. No man would listen to you talk if he didn’t know it was his turn next.
69. No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.
70. No matter what happens. I’ll find a way to enjoy life.
71. Now, remember, getting what you want will not change your life at the Being level, so don't let what you have determine who you are otherwise you will always feel dissatisfied.
72. Once I did bad and that I heard ever/Twice I did good, but that I heard never.
73. Once you stop trying to control your past and just let it go, you’ll find the past no longer has control over you.
74. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
75. Open your mouth only when you have something positive and constructive to say.
76. Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.
77. Peace in a thatched hut—that is happiness.
78. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.
79. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
80. People with humility don’t think less of themselves, they think of themselves less.
81. Praise is like sunlight to the warm human spirit, we cannot flower and grow without it.
82. Proof is always in the action, not the words. Actions say what you believe and the kind of person you are much more than your words.
83. Remember, you cannot fail with your decision, you can only learn.
84. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
85. She often said she’d never make the same mistake again: She always made a new mistake instead.
86. So many get to the end of their lives wondering what they could have been.
87. Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.
88. Success and happiness go hand in hand. Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get!
89. Success comes from taking an action, not from a positive outcome. Failure comes through hesitation, not a negative outcome.
90. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
91. Success represents the one percent of your work which results only from the 99 percent that is called failure.
92. Sympathy is, "I understand how you feel." Empathy is, "I feel how you feel."
93. Ten percent of life is made up of what happens to you – the other 90 percent is how you respond to what happens to you.
94. The difference between people is very small, but that very small difference is very big indeed!
95. The essential conditions of everything you do must be choice, love, passion.
96. The first idiot to come along is able to criticise, condemn and complain; that’s exactly what all idiots so anyway.
97. The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief he proposed to remove.
98. The great man is he that does not lose his child’s heart.
99. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude of mind.
100. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
101. The old is always old; the new is always young.
102. The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. –Theodore Roosevelt
103. The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.
104. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
105. The only way to have a friend is to be one.
106. The opportunities for enjoyment in your life are limitless. It you feel you are not experiencing enough joy, you have only yourself to blame.
107. The person who has no time for exercise must make time for illness.
108. The problem is not knowing what to do; it’s doing it.
109. The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you’re still a rat.
110. The purpose of life is a life of purpose and a life of purpose is created through constant service to those around us.
111. The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his field of endeavor.
112. The real test of a person's character is what he would or would not do if he knew he would never be found out.
113. There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
114. There is nothing noble about being superior to some other person. The true nobility lies in being superior to your previous self.
115. There is so much that is good in the worst of us and so much that is bad in the best of us.
116. The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.
117. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
118. The secret to making people like you is showing how much you like them!
119. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief.
120. The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive, but do not forget.
121. The tiny acorn will one day grow into a mighty oak, but not overnight
122. The very best way to predict the future is to create it.
123. The world belongs to the optimists, pessimists are only spectators.
124. The worst form of loneliness is not being comfortable with yourself.
125. They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
126. They can because they think they can.
127. Things which matter most should never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
128. To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.
129. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
130. We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
131. We are continually faced with great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.
132. We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
133. We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible.
134. We are shaped by our thoughts. We become what we think.
135. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
136. We don’t laugh because we are happy, we are happy because we laugh.
137. We learn more from our mistakes than from our successes.
138. What drives our behaviour is instinctive reaction to pain or pleasure, not intellectual calculations.
139. What is money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does what he wants to do.
140. What lies behind us and what lies in front of us pales in comparison to what lies within us.
141. What this really tells us is that success is subjective. It can mean different things to different people.
142. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
143. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
144. You alone can do it, but you cannot do it alone.
145. You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it within himself.
146. You can see a lot by observing.
147. You can’t really be strong until you see the funny side to things.
148. Your ultimate goal in life is to become your best self. Your immediate goal is to get on the path that will lead you there.
149. You will define yourself from within, rather than by people's opinions or by comparisons to others.
150. Your worth doesn’t depend on being better than others, so why start the comparison gamble?